Board of directors
Professor Bogdan Vassilev Ougartchinsky
Address: 4, Sv. Nedelya Sq., 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria
Telephone (w): +359 2 93 07 550
Cell phone: 088 8570 537
Fax (w): +359 2 98 07 311
Date of birth: 25th October 1943
Education and Traning
- 1956 – 1961 Secondary School, Sofia
- 1961 – 1966 Higher Navigation Institute, Varna
- 1979 International Institute for Scientific and Technical Information, Moscow
- 1984 Central Institute for Mechanical Engineering
- 1966 - M. Sc.
- 1979 - Ph.D.
- 1984 - Assoc. Professor
- 1966 – Lecturer, High School for Shipbuilding and Navigation
- 1967 – 70 Engineer, Bulgarian Commercial Fleet
- 1970 – 72 Specialist, Central Institute for Mechanical Engineering
- 1979 – 86 Director General, “Informa” Information Centre, Central Institute for Mechanical Engineering
- 1986 – 91 Director General, Information Centre for Technology Transfer ‘Informa’
- 1991 – until present ,Director General, Informinvest PLC, ( former ‘Informa’)
- 1999 – until present, Managing Director, Velgraf Ltd.
- 2001 – until present, Managing Director “Bulgarian Energy Company” JSCo.
- 2002 - until present, Managing Director “Interatomenergo” Ltd.
- - over 60 publications in scientific and technical magazines in Bulgaria and abroad on the problems of scientific and technical information
- - UN project, National Automated Information Centre, Sofia
- - International System for Scientific and Technical Information Project, Moscow
Social and Professional Engagements
- - Vice- president of the “Agriculture” Foundation
- - Member of the Bulgarian Commission of UNIDO
- - Member of the Board of Directors of the Bulgarian-American Business Centre seated in Washington, USA
- - Chairman of the Board of Directors of VELGRAF USA, Inc.
- - Chairman of the Board of Directors of INFORMINVEST PLC
- - Member of the Board of Directors of AB- AGRO
- - Chairman of the Board of Directors of Consultative Center for the Integration in the European Union
- - Member of the Board of Directors of Bulgarian Energy Company JSCo.
- - President of Consortium “Velgraf-Group”
- - President of Consortium “Energy”
- Bulgarian: native
- Russian: fluently
- Working knowledge of French and English