About the center
The Central and Eastern European region has, over the last several years, become a focal point for new business and investment opportunities. With its geopolitical, economic and social uniqueness, this region promises lucrative business ventures, initiatives, and innovations. Bulgaria is among the most stable, both economically and politically, within the Central and Eastern European region and holds endless possibilities for investment opportunities.
Some reasons to invest in Bulgaria include:
- Strategic cross-road geographical position and established spring-board to the large markets of Central and Eastern Europe
- Political consensus and institutional support for market reform and privatization with liberal foreign investment and trade legislation
- Well-developed technological infrastructure, inexpensive and multi-skilled labor force
- Privatization legislation provides for transparent and expedient procedures, price concessions and equal treatment of all participants
- Considerable tax incentives and low cost resources
- Bulgaria is an associate member and a candidate for full membership to the European Union since January 1994, a member of the World Trade Organization, and considered to be one of the next likely members invited to join NATO
- Bulgaria receives support for its economic programs from the International Monetary Fund, World Bank, European Community, and the G-24 countries
Clearly, the ability to establish a successful joint venture depends upon the partners involved and their ability to interact and cooperate. Bulgaria, with its extensive privatization policies, now offers a plethora of Bulgarian firms eager to capitalize on the American spirit of ingenuity and opportunity. American firms, with their technical expertise, management and capabilities, and desire to expand into the world market, offer the best means to modernizing and restructuring business in Bulgaria. The Bulgarian American Business Center can facilitate the interaction and exchange between American and Bulgarian firms, as well as that of Central and Eastern Europe.
For the past 10 years,
The Bulgarian American Business Center
has become a gateway to opportunity, as an independent, non-profit
organization offering comprehensive international services to the
United States, Bulgaria, and other nations.